Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chapter 3

Okay asked to update.. That makes me soo happy! Chapter 3.. If you have any feedback good or bad feel free to leaveit. I live off it. By the way this an older story I've been working on it for years. These first chapters were written nearly five years ago.. I guess writing takes time :)




Chapter 3
Savannah Tumwater felt water going up all around her as she waded into the lake on the back of a horse. “Come on Midnight just a little bit further.” She said as she coaxed the horse farther into the water. “Good boy!” She praised the horse as he made his way slowly further into the water. “Whoa far enough. Let’s just stand here for a few minutes and let the water massage your legs.” She said to the horse. “I bet that’s feeling pretty good on your legs. The poor horse had such bad arthritis in his hind legs.
Savannah was a volunteer at the Ohio animal paradise. It was a ranch for hurt or abused animals. They nursed them back to health and then provided a great life for the animal.
Savannah couldn’t imagine a better place for the animals then here. She personally loved it. She had free room and bored in exchange for working with the animals. This place felt like home to her. She had made many friends that felt like family and met her boyfriend Jason.
Savannah felt Midnight relax underneath her as the water worked it’s magic. “See? Doesn’t that feel good?” She asked getting a snort for a reply. Savannah started to giggle as she patted the horse’s neck. “I’ll take that as a yes.” She looked out at the water and watched as the sky began to paint the water with shades of pink and blue. “You know something Midnight? This is my very favorite time of day. When the sun is setting and the sky changes colors. Especially in the summer, when I was little my sister Scarlet would take me up to the river and we’d watch the sun set while eating home made brownies that Serenity made earlier that day. It was always just the two of us and I could talk to her about anything on those trips. I always felt so special at those times. I miss it.” Midnight snorted again causing her to smile. “I bet if you could talk you would have stories too. I wish I could hear them.”
“Savannah!” Jason called from the beach.
Savannah turned and smiled. “Hey you! I thought you were working with Molly.”
Jason nodded and began to wade into the water. “I did. Molly just wore out early tonight.”
Savannah gave Jason a sad smile. Molly was a twenty-year old golden retriever who had spent the last seventeen years in abusive home before she was rescued. But despite everything she had been through, she was the sweetest most loving dog. Jason had grown attached to her in a short amount of time. He spent all of his free time with her.
“I thought I’d come out and see how you and Midnight were doing?” He said flashing her his famous pearly white smile. Every time he smiled at her, her she went weak in the knees. “Midnight’s loving this.” Savannah said with a laugh as Midnight pranced by Jason splashing him.
“You think that’s funny?” He asked setting his jaw firm trying to look angry. But one look into his sea green eye you could see he was smiling.
She nodded and covered her mouth with her hands as Midnight did it again this time soaking him.
“I can’t believe you think this is funny?” He said as he approached Midnight slowly. “I’ll show you funny.”
“No!” She began to squeal as his strong arms reached up to pull her down. She screamed as she felt water rush over her body. She also felt that his strong arms never left her. He pulled her back up to him and laid a passionate kiss on her lips. “See now that was funny.” He added with a twinkle in his eyes.
“It’s cold” She whined resting her head on his shoulders.
“Baby” Jason taunted as her reached up to grab Midnight’s reigns. “I’ve got an idea to warm you up.”
“Oh?” Savannah asked wrapping her arms tighter around his neck.
He gave into her arms and kissed her again and let his lips linger there for a few minutes. “However, this isn’t what I had in mind.”
Savannah’s lower lip stuck out. “Than what did you have in mind?”
“Going into town and getting some burgers and hot cocoa.”
“Hot cocoa? It’s summer Jason.”
Jason gave Savannah a cheesy grin. “Well if you get hot enough you might take some clothes off.”
Savannah rolled her eyes and laughed “Not a chance buddy.”
“Burgers and milkshakes?”
“Deal.”
Jason grabbed Savannah’s hand and gave it a tight squeeze before he began to guide Midnight out of the water.
* * *
Savannah smiled as Jason walked her down the hall to her room. “Thanks for dinner.” She said softly leaning up to kiss him.
“No thank you for coming.” He said as he ran his hands through her long dark hair. “Has anyone ever told you how truly special you are?”
Savannah could feel her pulse rate as he caressed her cheek genteelly. Never in her life had she ever felt such strong feelings for someone. “Thank you” was her reply before his lips overtook hers. She finally pulled away. “I should be going before this goes any farther then either of us are ready for.”
Jason nodded and gave her a sad smile “You’re right. I should be going we do have an early morning ahead of us.”
Savannah nodded as she opened her door. “Before you go, I accidentally got some of your mail in my box. Can you come in and get it?”
He nodded and followed her in.
Savannah smiled to herself as she grabbed his letters. “I believe¼” She was quickly interrupted by the telephone ringing. “Are yours, hang on let me get that.” She finished handing him is letters and making a dive for the phone. “Sweet life of Savannah.” She answered cheekily. But all of a sudden her smile vanished. “Are you sure it was them?” She closed her eyes and gripped the phone as if it were her lifeline. “Ok, I just have to get on the next flight. Does uh Serenity know?” She asked as her voice shook and the room began to spin around. She didn’t even notice Jason guiding her to a chair. “I am leaving right now. No don’t worry I am not driving, I’ll take a cab.” Savannah took a deep breath and bit her lip. “Yes Scarlet. Ok bye.”
Jason knelt in front of her offering her a cup of water. “What’s wrong?”
She shook her head and she opened her mouth to say something but no words came out. Instead tears began falling down her cheeks. “My um parents.” She said softly “were in an accident. Dad’s dead. Mom’s in major surgery.” She felt herself being pulled into Jason’s arms, and she could feel him whispering into her ears. But she didn’t know what he was saying. Her world was spinning so fast that nothing made since.
“Come on.” He said forcefully pulling her up to her feet. “I’ll help you pack. Then I am coming with you. You can’t go alone.”
“Griffey” She said softly allowing him to guide her towards her closet.
“What?”
“My cat. Someone needs to take care of him. He’s old he needs his pills.”
“I am sure Kara or Mandi can take care of him. Let’s just worry about getting you to your mom and sister’s.”
Savannah nodded “Serenity needs me.”
Jason nodded “Your mom and other sister need you too.”
She shook her head quickly “Not Scarlet. Scarlet never needs me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment