Friday, October 5, 2012

I AM A PRINCESS




Another year, another birthday!   365 days ago my life was at a standstill.  I was literally just hanging on.  I didn’t know if things were going to be okay.  I didn’t know when I could move forward.  I didn’t know how to breathe.   I remember floating through my birthday last year in a fog!  Moment to moment just focusing on breathing!  That’s a birthday I’ll never forget.  Nor will I want to.  It was a day of great faith and great growing.  I just was stuck.
Flash forward to 365 days.  Another Birthday, the weeks leading up to my birthday have been challenging.  VERY EMOTIONAL..   I am in this study course Freedom In Christ.  It’s challenging me.  It’s making me deal with things I’ve never dealt with.  God is saying it’s time to heal.   I am here for you and we are going to heal together.   He’s planted some very special people in my life who are walking beside me during this process.  Holding my hand when I need it, passing me tissues and giving me extra hugs when needed.   That’s fantastic!   So as I take a step back and review this day.  I realize I am a different person then last year. I am no longer stuck!   I’ve grown so much.  My heart has grown more than I ever thought.  My life is going in a direction that I am proud of.  I am discovering more and more all of the gifts that God has given me.  In myself and those around me.   I think my friend Carissa summed it up best at a retreat in March.   I am a Princess, because I am the daughter of the King.   That blows my mind..   That gives me such a sense of peace.  I think at one point all little girls want to be a princess…   And I am!   What a difference a year can make on your viewing point!  
I am so truly wonderful amazingly blessed.

AND if this day wasn’t cool enough I get to share it with my sweet Jenny!    LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment