Monday, June 11, 2012

A Year?

I know for fact that my brain works on time.  I measure everything in time...  So I've been looking at my life like this....

In August of 2011... My life changed... DRASTICALLY!   So I set my eyes on to August of 2012... By August of 2012 everything has to get better.  A year makes a huge difference you know...

It's not August yet.  Though it's closer then we'd all like to think.  I can't believe it's June!! 

Taking a step back and removing my focus from August has given me a new look on life.  Yes I will most likely still measure things in time.  It's the way my brain functions.  However it's learning to look outside the time frame box too.   I can't wait around for August expecting that to be the month that seals everything back up and makes life perfect again!  Honestly life wasn't perfect last June at this time.  I still had problems.  I still had worries.   Though my mind has changed.  The focus has changed.   The problems have changed and my heart has changed.

The past week has taught me to stop looking at the time frame.   August will come and go and things will still continue to change.    It's not a fix all.  So I am taking my eyes off of August.   Though I am looking forward to my Zip line adventure in August.... That's a story for another day. :)

The world around us is constantly changing and that's never going to stop. Me being a person who hates change is still learning to deal with that.   Jobs and social groups are forever changing.   That's life.   Most of you already know this.  Even I know this.  It's just understanding it.

If my life stayed exactly the same as it had been, I would be dull.. I would be boring and I wouldn't be growing.  I need to keep growing.  In order for me to do what God has planed for me.  I have to change.   I have to learn.   I have to have Faith and focus on GOD not on a date.   A year is a good way to measure growth.  We all do it.  Birthday's News years.  Those are fun ways to look at it.   It just can't be the focal point.   I however will no longer be thinking in my head.   I can't wait to see where my life is in August.   That's just plain silly.  I need to view each day like that.  I can't wait to see where my life is today!   I can't wait to see how God uses me today!   I can't wait to grow and learn today!

It's interesting to see how much growth can happen in a year.  I will still do that.  I mean look at where I am now wow... So much growth.  I had a great job, I now have another great job.  I had great friends.. I have more great friends.  I had Faith.  My Faith has GROWN....  I worked with some great co workers.. I am working with new and wonderful coworkers.. I learned from the old co workers lots of life lessons..  Ones that prepared me to be where I am at right now.  To maybe be a model to those around me.  Now I get to learn from more great people.  Seeing that in a year's time is fun!  So I am not saying I won't look for that.

I am just going to focus on the today!!!

Today, I was thankful for sunshine... I was thankful for coworkers who knew how to encourage me.  Who knew what to say.   Who just shared a simple hello at the right time.  I am thankful for silly games with friends and family.  I am thankful for a job... I am thankful that I knew all day that God was taking care of me and everyone around me.  I was thankful to be able to laugh instead of cry. I am thankful to be able to have a text conversation with a friend.  If I were focusing  on August being the bandage that I need and others around me need.. I probably would have missed the point of today.  I would have missed the joy that God planted just for me.

I am not always the best at writing in my joy journal, but I have learned to spot the joy and focus on that... Not the BIG box... It's the tiny little boxes through out the day that actually bring me the most joy and strengthen me and my faith.

So focusing on the day... Is my new goal :)  Though like I said I am still looking forward to parts of August :)  I am just not looking at it as my bandage or the finish line anymore.   

Learning and Growing daily...


No comments:

Post a Comment