Saturday, June 2, 2012

Compassion

"You're too sensitive!  You are such a people pleaser!!  Don't take everything so personally!  Who cares what they think of you?  Why are you giving that person your time?  They've never been nice to you!  You are too trusting!  You are naive!"  I have herd those comments many times in my life.  Numerous times in my life.  By many...  At one point I became ashamed of myself.  I felt embarrassed!  I didn't understand me...  I got the "You get hurt, because you give too much!  Don't you ever do anything just for you?   You are too trusting!   Why do you have the desire to please people?"   Again the more I herd those things the more I doubted myself.   Maybe I am too emotional, maybe I am too trusting...

What I have really learned over this past year as I have gone through many huge life challenges and changes.  If you look at those things a negatives then yes they are going to be negative and yes they are going to tear you down.

However if you look at those in a different light everything changes.  Those who know me well know I try to tend to always look at the more positive side of life.  I want to be happy, I want to be fulfilled and I want those around me to have the best of me I can offer.

I was made to be sensitive, I was made to cry easy, to laugh often and to love with my full heart.   It's actually the best gift I have ever been given!  I of course am just learning this, I used to see this as a flaw... However my emotions connect me to people.  They allow me to love and they allow me to forgive...

I am that person that loves everyone with everything I have, but have a wall up around me and have a hard time letting others love me... That's not healthy and that's what I am working on right now..  Allowing others to love me..

This week I have had a few people just laid on my heart, so much love and compassion towards them.  Some I know very well... Some I am just meeting...  

This past year has really changed me... It's made my Faith grow.. It's made me grow in ways I can't explain   So this past week as I am thinking about others... Praying for them..  Allowing my emotions to guide me... I am seeing it as a gift... Not a curse...  I am seeing just how much God has given me.  How much God is doing in this world.

How thankful I am to witness it in my own life and the lives of others around me.

I am not ashamed of being emotional, I am not ashamed of asking for help when I need it.  I am not ashamed of wanting to cry for no reason.  I am not ashamed of investing in others...   I am just learning that I can be me and it doesn't matter how the world views me.  It only matters how God views me.  He made me this way and I am thankful for that.  I am thankful to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment