Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Feeling Inspired

After a Blog talk in the nap room today I decided to give it a whirl

Finding the Shine

I've noticed that life has become so routine lately weeks are flying by in a whirl wind of noise! It's the same thing every day and this seems to make time fly by. I know that I don't want life to zoom past me I don't want everything to be so routine. Don't get me wrong I love my job I love my co workers I love my family and friends I know I am so truly blessed however having those things doesn't mean that life doesn't fall into a whirl wind.

I've found stepping back taking a deep breath helps. Also I like the little things it reminds me how great life is and helps me slow down. The smell of brewing coffee while I am filling bleach bottles in the morning amazing anticipating that first sip mmm wonderful my first five minutes of work have become a little get away knowing that first sip is coming. I love the quiet of the morning while I am filling bleach bottles and smelling coffee I am think of the day and what it has in store for me. Or hey I'll admit it I'll tell myself a joke and laugh or tell myself a story or get completely lost in the radio it's wonderful these ten minutes may speed by but they are no longer a chore they are an adventure! All with in the first ten minutes of my day!

It's enjoying every moment of the day as I type this blog my cats are curled up next to me the big one on the back of the chair his paw draped over resting on my shoulder the little one curled up so close her little snores she's so content they are both so peaceful and happy to be next to me. What a gift I've been given to have animals to have their unconditional love super sweet. It's just slowing down long enough to see them. Pick a flower smell it, get a hug from a child or a friend share a joke smile eat a chocolate bar and don't regret the calories eventually if you keep finding all the little things the big things will follow and they will shine more.

Keep smiling keep shining!

2 comments:

  1. It's those little things in life that seem to mean to much! And a good reminder, we can all slow down and "smell the coffee" or in my case, smell the "Pepsi"....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Pepsi just as great as coffee :)

    ReplyDelete