Monday, January 24, 2011

Taking Back Me



2011 is something special! Can you feel it or is it just me? Maybe 2011 is my year to shine, but I am really hoping it's everyones year to find greatness. I have entered this year with a smile and I smile everyday. I am learning to laugh at my mistakes and not let the little things get to me. I am just loving life.





Since I feel this year is going to be a big one for me I've decided to take back my body. As many of you know I have suffered a pretty nasty back injury in the past. For those of you who don't know. There was construction underway on the free way. Traffic was at a dead stop however the car behind me failed to see all the brake lights in front him and according to the officer on the sight he hit me going at least sixty while I was at a dead stop. Talk about a BIG OWIE! Yes I've let that big owie control my life tell me who I am going to be. I gained fifteen pounds after that accident and have gone up and down on weight since. I am no where near as active as I once was and the migraines that only bothered me once every few months started coming weekly. I've done chiro and massage treatments they help but you know it wasn't enough. When I started feeling weak and sore from holding a hair brush up above my head I knew I was in trouble. I am 26 years old this is not okay with me... So I contacted my Uncle who knows a lot about muscle building and getting a healthier life style. He is wonderful and has agreed to work with me, giving up an hour of his family time 3x a week for me. I really do love him!





He's been a lot of my strength during this process. Now he' s in I know he won't let me quit, but let me tell you something, I don't want to quit. I have suddenly fallen in love with going to the gym. I love the challenge. I love that my uncle is with me guiding me and helping me become who I want to be.





And yes we are only on week two but you know I was able to get my hair into a pony tail today with no pain?





It's little but it's big to me...





Here I am stepping in and taking back me!





And to all of you who support me in other ways. THANK YOU! I couldn't be finding me with out you.

PS... The picture above is me being active at Relay for life.. Well it was a hug moment.. But the last few years at Relay by the end my body is killing me. I've picked this picture to encourage me to keep in shape so maybe this year it won't hurt so bad at the end of the day... Plus the little one in the picture is always encouraging. :) Thanks to her family for being such a great part of my life and allowing me to be the "Big Sister" as her mother once put it... Love it!

Seriously loving Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment