Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Ups and Downs

This weekend was wonderful! Though it didn't start out how I wanted it to. What's that saying you plan and God laughs? That's what happened. Here I had a fun weekend planned out. I was going to see some old friends who I miss like crazy then off to Seattle for some acting lessons. However things changed when I got the dreaded message Rachel had the flu and prefered I didn't come. Rachel and I used to live together and we had a great way of sharing germs. Whatever she got I got vise a versa, now I am not 100 percent sure that it would be the same now that we don't live together but we didn't want to chance it. It was hard. I was really looking forward to seeing her and I don't know when the next time I will. Though I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I don't understand and I don't always like it, but I respect it. There was a reason I didn't go down there.

So INSTEAD I got to hang out with my wonderful group of friends up here. We watched the Sea hawks kick tooshie! It was great. We laughed we talked we ate. We laughed some more. Most RELAXING Saturday in a long time. Not to mention baby snuggles! Gotta love that!

Then today I woke up to Snow... I knew that I was supposed to go to Seattle. So I prayed. I prayed and I prayed. If anyone knows me really well they know I love LOVE driving in the snow. It's one thing that does not scare me. It challenges me. I know I am odd :) So I checked the weather reports felt at peace to go and I made the trek down to Seattle. Glad I did! Only one bad spot today. The rest was EASY going. It was great. I spent the entire drive worshiping and rocking out to WOW hits. I love God and Me time. I praised him for everything.

I went to the class and learned a lot! I met some great people. Practiced what I learned and you know what? MY COACH used me as an example several times during the class! HOW cool is that?!! Eeek.. And I didn't freak out in front of the camera.. She taught me how to not be scared. Cool right?

Then I made a mistake and accidentaly put my parking slip on the wrong side and got a parking ticket.. BUMMER at first I was mad... Then I thanked God... For humbling me and reminding me that if I don't pay attention to small details there are sometimes prices to pay. So I will happily pay for my mistake.. Well maybe not sooo happily but I get it :)

All in all.. The week and this weekend have been a big adventure. Lots of ups and downs and for the first time in my life... I feel that I handled the downs the best I ever have.. That's huge for me! HUGE!


OOOOH and BY THE WAY!! The first song that plays on here now... My favorite right now... I can listen to it over and over and over


CH: Daily Challenge: Give bottles of water to the homeless OR No rolling "California" stops at stop signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment