Saturday, February 18, 2012

In the Dark there is LIGHT



My blogs, are my written words to myself, so that I can remember this time in my life. Part of me wants to block out this past week. I want to forget it ever happened. Pretend it never happened. Skip ahead in time. Go back and get a re-do. However the fact is I have to face it. Remember it and grow from it.

I have to write it down to remind myself in the future of this time period in life. If I focus only on the hardships of the week that I fail to see that vast amount of positives that were there.

Yes, this week held some very painful dark moments. So dark so strong that I wasn't sure I would make it through them. I did.. I didn't do it alone. I couldn't have done it alone. My Faithful loving father was holding me through it all. He showed his love FOR me in written words in the Bible.. In songs sang on the radio and in the arms of a friend who held on just a little bit longer. Looking back at the worst moment... I wouldn't trade it for anything. It was worth the pain. My friendship grew ten times stronger as parts of the protective wall around me crumbled. My appreciation for the written word grew ten times more as I finally UNDERSTOOD... The love of music filled with words of just how much God loves increased! In the dark there is always light.

This week ROCKED my world the emotions and the pain were heavy. Little things I have ignored and pushed away surfaced up all at once and a breaking point happened.. I didn't realize it at the time but I was being prepared for it... A couple of cards from people who love me with words for the heart. Filled with truths! Time with family... Quiet time with God... My faith remained strong and even in the darkest hour I knew that God was there and God was great.

I won't say that everything is all better now. That would be a lie! I am human and I am emotional. I don't understand my life right now. I don't understand all the illness of wonderful people around me. I don't understand tragedy in lives. I do understand that this isn't our forever home and I do understand that one day all the pain and suffering will be gone. One day we will be home! Until then we just have to hold onto what we know is truth. Acknowledge that life HURTS.. However finding the JOY along the way makes it a lot easier to deal with..

My POJ's for the week...

Snuggles with my kitties!
A job interview!
Two amazing bible study discussions
Time with my little bug!
An hour long phone conversation with a big sister!
A weekend adventure with great friends and a wonderful baby
Bridal shower with some great people
Sharing part of my story
Texts with kind words
Emails that could melt your heart
A morning to sleep in
Ice Cream at DQ with the worlds best company
CUBBIES!!
5 mile walk!
A hug from my great friend at the moment where I needed it the most.
A card at the right time!

Those are all the BIG POJ's of the week.. That's A LOT and I could list a thousand more but I won't. It would take all night... There sure are A LOT more positives then negatives... So yes there may have been an EPIC break down in the middle of it all.. But there was EPIC joys!!

I am learning, I am growing.. I am walking.. I am not doing it alone.. This is what it's all about..

So my journey continues!

Thank you to all who make my life so beautiful! You are my lights!

And the biggest Thanks of all... To my awesome God...

My God is So Great! So Strong and So Mighty.. There's Nothing my God can't do! Soooo true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment