Saturday, September 10, 2011

Who am I trying to please?

I am a people pleaser! I will admit it. Anyone who knows me well knows, I always put others first. I do anything I can to bring a smile to the faces of the people I love. That brings me joy! I love helping out. I love going the extra mile. I thrive off of making someone's day easier. So that being said.. I am afraid of failure. I am afraid of letting them down. I am afraid of disappointing them. Or ruining my friendship.

However, what's the chances of that really happening? What's the chance of them not caring about me anymore because I couldn't give them a ride to Walmart. (That's just an example) If I lose a friend because I couldn't help them out. Were they really a good friend to begin with?

What I have to work on right now is not worrying about what others think. I have to know that my friends and family love me for me. Not for what I can do for them. Not that I am saying I should stop trying to help out. Trying to make their lives easier. Hey that's who I am and it brings me joy. If it felt like a chore then I would have to reconsider. I have to work on not judging myself so harshly. That's going to be a huge battle for me. But it's one I think I am ready for!

This hasn't been the easiest few weeks of my life, and there have been a lot of mountains to climb. However I am looking at this challenge in a way to grown and change and be a better person when it's all over.

Here's one area that I am going to work extra hard on.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment